Today Grandma Connelly was laid to rest. The service was beautiful, and Grandpa was so strong for having just said goodbye to his wife of 60 years. Grandma Connelly lived a wonderful and long life and because of her faith in Jesus Christ, I know she is in peace. Her legacy of love and grace are to be admired and followed. Spending time with her and Grandpa was something that I always looked forward to as a child. Those memories will always be treasured. As I grew up and got married, her and Grandpa always encouraged and praised us for our accomplishments. Knowing how proud they were of us as a couple and as parents really meant a lot to both Ed and me. We are grateful for their involvement in our lives, and we count ourselves blessed for having them as grandparents. Grandma Connelly will be missed but will live on in our memories.
I'm sorry to hear about your grandmother's passing. She sounds like she was a remarkable woman!
ReplyDelete