Rosie - she is beautiful inside and out, very classy, a beautiful example of an amazing mom, and a life long friend. I have known her since I was about 6 when we were neighbors. Just after we had both had our first child (only two weeks apart), we met in the scrapbooking aisle at Michael's. We were in the same playgroup for years and now we see each other from time to time. Rosie is one of those friends who will always be in my life - we have history!
Kelly - the loving lady who brought us all together. Kelly and I were neighbors once upon a time, and much to my delight she invited me to join her playgroup. Getting to know her has been a blessing. She is so giving and kind - also a perfect example of an amazing mother!
Krista - Beautiful! When I think of the word beautiful, I think of Krista. She has a beauty glowing from within her - so thoughtful, loving, and caring - she is also so pretty! I love her friendship and all the ways she has blessed my life.
Linda - also another beauty (Honestly all these ladies are beautiful - Watch out, Ohio!) both on the outside and in. We went to high school together! Linda's intelligence and kindness has been a blessing to me - not to mention her salsa. She always has great ideas and is so much fun to be around - she adds life to the party - I love her stimulation (gosh that sounds bad - I hope you all know what I mean, though!)
Cheryl - my dear, best friend! Cheryl and I met over 14 years ago while working at Foley's! Because Cheryl and I are different in so many ways (yeah, I know most people think we are twins), I have learned so much from her. She has such love to give, but she does it in the quietest of ways. She is intelligent and beautiful and always the first person I call when I am down. She lifts me up!
Pamela - another dear friend. We used to be neighbors, and I MISS that! After walking hundreds of miles during the time we were neighbors, we got to know each other on a deep level that not many friends experience - she is like a sister! In fact, she is my sister-in-Christ!
Heather - classic - when I think of Heather, I think of a pioneer woman. She is an amazing cook, knows everything about gardening, and is handy at just about everything. I love how traditional and simple (that is not negative) she lives her life. Heather is so smart and will always help out in a pinch - it's nice to have her as a neighbor.
Denise - so giving and sweet. This lady is a lady in every way - so classy, intelligent, and beautiful. She is also my fellow mom who is raising boys ONLY - an interesting adventure (not that I would know any different). Getting to know her and being blessed by her kindness is wonderful.
Can you believe it - I get to spend an entire long weekend with these lovely ladies!?!
So, Krista and Linda have been preparing - they just sent me this email and the picture:
Hey Girlfriends! Krista & I found the Perfect Sunglasses for our fuuuun girls week! See attached photo. Are you with us...or will u dis us... Come on Girls, stretch your comfort zone and go for it! Only $5.99 at your neighborhood Ross! Instead of the Red Hat ladies, we'll be the white glass girls! We've already gotten compliments on them at Sprouts today!!!!! Fun, fun, fun! Be a movie star for the week, we'll make a big splash in Beavercreek, where's the paparazzi? (BTW, Krista is helping me write this!!) Count Down: 15 days!!! (right?) Linda

There's nothing quite like a good girlfriend. I'm glad you have some great ones! How fun that you get to go away together for the weekend. That will be so fun!!
ReplyDeleteThat was awesome. You have an amazing way of seeing the qualities in people and describing them in words. I too miss being your neighbor and cherise all those miles we spent together. Your friendship means so much to me, that I sometimes feel guilty for not expressing that enough. Hugs!!!
ReplyDeleteOur Dear Keira.
ReplyDeleteKeira is a strong women; one I can always count on, confide in and trust.
Keira's true gift to me, is her ablility to force me to examine myself and encourage growth. This is a hard characteristic to accept because it is not always easy to hear, however, the gift I recieve in my personal growth because of her willingness to put herself on the line for me is priceless.
Another wonderful aspect of Keira I love, is her deep routed trust in Faith. And, although she doesn't know all the answers her ablilty to trust and open up her heart allows her to grow personally, spiritually and give to others.
Keira is a beautiful women inside and out, I'm blessed to call her one of my dear, dear friends.
Keira, I very much enjoyed reading your words! I loved reading them about friends that you wrote about too, and to see myself and others through your eyes. It was a little humbling, and makes me want to live up to being the person you see! Thank you for the gift of heartfelt words!
ReplyDeleteLinda