Sunday, March 1, 2009

Rodeo Weekend Project

Most of you know that I have been wanting an island in my kitchen ever since we moved into this house - by the way, that is 5 1/2 years ago! My other kitchen desire has always been to have more storage. So, a year or so ago, I decided that I would take an old TV shelf - that I had taken to my classroom to use as a podium of sorts - and the top of my existing kitchen table and turn them into a solution to my kitchen woes. I purchased bead board and black paint to cover the front and sides of the TV shelf, and Ed took the table top off for me - together we assembled our new kitchen island/storage shelf/kitchen table. With 5 black stools and all the supplies, this conversion cost me $260 - beats the $1,500 the builder wanted for an island. Plus, it's much more stylish and fun - if you ask me! Check it out!

1 comment:

  1. It turned out fantastic. I love. Useful too. I have those same barstools. I like yours better in the black though. Very cute job. You are simply amazing.

    ReplyDelete