Sunday, July 11, 2010

The Sjöö Family

Today was another wonderful day! Before heading to Veinge (my home village), we celebrated Anneli's daughter's birthday. She turned 18 not too long ago. It was fun seeing some of Anneli's family--I didn't recognize her brother. He was is a year younger and was always making trouble.

Wii and Xbox...where the boys hang out!

The Sjöö family--my first boyfriend was their oldest son, Ken, and when we were together, I became very fond of their family. In fact I just love the Sjöö family--Monika and Åke are the most down-to-earth, kind, and generous people you would ever meet. Their home was such a pleasant place to hang out. Here we are visiting Glenn (their youngest son--such a kind and thoughtful person) at his house with Annelie (their oldest daughter--so sweet and beautiful) and their parents--Monika and Åke.

Next we drove to Linda's farm house (their youngest daughter) where she opened a candy store. Collier was given a bag and told that he could pick out whatever candy he wanted. He was enjoying sampling all the candies! Åke is helping him find all the good ones...

Yummy!

If I owned or worked at a candy store, I think I would weigh a ton! I am already feeling the pounds pack on with all the yummy Swedish candy!

The horses on the farm were just so beautiful!

Keira with the Sjöö sisters (Annelie and Linda)

When we got back to Veinge, Åke grilled some yummy pork--it was a lovely evening!

Åke even took out his accordian to sing and play for us--he even asked Collier to play the clarinet with him. Åke was amazing!
We had a wonderful visit with the Sjöös and visiting Veinge--we drove by my old house and the school I went to for elementary and middle school. Neat for Collier to see!

No comments:

Post a Comment